We are offering a small number of Greenpeace staff the unique opportunity to become trainers in the campaign organizing framework developed by Marshall Ganz.
For the first time, NOI is delivering this training for trainers as an online module for Greenpeace. This programme will train Greenpeace staff to deliver the Leadership in Organsing and Mobilisation training while developing skills in mentoring, coaching, and facilitation.
Course participants will get the opportunity to practice these skills leading weekly peer discussion groups in their region throughout the three Leadership in Mobilisation and Organsing modules and receive individual coaching from NOI’s teaching coaches.
To prepare for this role, peer coaches will need to attend:
Foundations of Leadership, Organising and Mobilisation
18 June to 13 July 2012
This is a four week module requiring a commitment of 7 to 12 hours a week.
The Foundations course will teach trainers how to develop skills for course participants covering:
- Using narrative to engage others to join you in making change
- Relationships: the glue of a mobilization campaign
- Structure: engaging and building an interdependent leadership team
- Strategy and Action: getting commitment to our measurable goals
Each week participants will be required to:
- Complete assigned readings (1-2 hours)
- Watch video recordings of previous trainings (1-2 hours)
- Participate in a live, interactive discussion and skills practice session (1.5 hrs)
- Contribute to reflections on the email list
- Weekly practice assignment (1-3 hours)
- Participate in interactive participants meeting (1.5 hrs)
Practicing leadership as a peer coach for the three modules of Leadership in Organsing and Mobilisation
Peer coaches will then play a key role delivering the three course modules and each week will be required to make a commitment of 10-15 hours each week to:
- Refresh/complete assigned readings (1 hr)
- Watch live lecture, monitor participants attendance and note teaching outcomes (1.5hrs)
- Debrief live lecture via email with teaching team (30 mins to 1 hr)
- Participate in their teaching team meeting (1 hr)
- Prep for their group meeting (2 hrs)
- Prep tech, facilitate and debrief their group meeting (2-3hrs)
- Provide support to students in their group if needed (1 hr)
- Review NOU coaches feedback on their group participant’s assignments (1 -2 hrs)
If you would like to become a trainer and peer coach for this programme, please contact Mobilisation Lab Training Director Tracy Frauzel firstname.lastname@example.org Priority given to Greenpeace staff and volunteers.